There are millions of different blogs within online media, all displaying different content, interests and opinions. Whilst this is a positive for us, it is important when blogging to have an understanding of the ethical issues involved.
ETHICAL BLOGGING A 10 POINT GUIDE explains the do’s and don’ts in regards to being ethical and moral online.
This article has taught me:
- Ethical bloggers should ensure they distinguish between the truth and their own personal opinions
- it is easy to plagiarise and hard to catch people doing so
- hyperlinks indicate that the bloggers information and analysis is not necessarily original, therefor giving credit where needed
- bloggers should be open to commentary and free speech on their page, so that a community can be made
- Bloggers should be honest when they are being paid to promote a product
- ethical bloggers should take full responsibility for everything they post
- They should be mindful of their audience and the effects of what they are putting online could have on people